Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1260

Thread: 74 MG Gasser Project Old School Style.

good ...lets get back on the road again and test it out.... hurry before it starts to snow.....

I finally got the stabilizer on tonight. I made U bolts from 3/8 muffler clamp bolts. Welded a bracket that mounts the tie rod and found a bracket to weld to the axle. Mounted both ends with 7/16 bolts. My spindle stops are a 1/16 away on both swings of the steering box with the stabilizer running full length and a 1/4 before fully compressed. I think I just sqeeked that in.
    I mounted the wheels and checked my angle. I got 7.5. I just got shims in to go 2 more degrees and these are steel. I can make them push the axle forward as well. Check out the wheel placement. I love the move. Now I gotta do the test drive. Only problem is Mator is in my way. Gas tanks aren't done yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 11-02-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Since my last posting I decided to go automatic trans. it was a tough decision but the triple pedal position was not tolerable. Gas pedal was too dangerous and in this car that can't be the situation. So I pulled the turbo 350 out of storage and sized it up. All looked good. Found a starter, Hurst shifter, converter, and had to buy a flywheel and bolts to go up at the crank. If all goes well it will be a bolt in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4553.jpg   IMG_4554.jpg  
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

this was gonna be tricky especially by myself. Tail had to go up and over the cross member then put the converter in before pushing up the trans bell housing area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4561.jpg   IMG_4564.jpg  
    Mario

everything was close at the fluid fittings but it worked fine with angle fittings. Started installing the shifter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4573.jpg   IMG_4571.jpg   IMG_4577.jpg   IMG_4576.jpg  
    Mario

Dropped the fluid and filter, made the cable shifter mounting bracket at the trans selecter bracket. Put up the driveshaft. All was exactly the same fit from the manual trans., Had to make trans line quick disconnect lines and needed a flexible dipstick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4590.jpg   IMG_4592.jpg   IMG_4593.jpg   IMG_4594.jpg   IMG_4596.jpg  

Mario

next had to rework the gas pedal setup. I cut the pedal base in half and bolted it up to the floor and frame. Then had to work out the trans kickdown cable bracket at the carb. this was all custom setup. couldn't buy brackets for this. Bent the pedal cable pull rod to work further back in the floor setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4611.jpg   IMG_4609.jpg   IMG_4612.jpg   IMG_4615.jpg   IMG_4614.jpg  

Last edited by mmhotrod; 02-11-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Mario

I put the car down and went out on the road and it was a blast. It is downright violent. I still have one problem. Vibration coming from driveshaft. I knew when i cut it down it might be bad. After driving it i needed to get it out and checked by someone. Marty at LI driveshafts , now Supershafts was available. I last new of him being out in Bellport on Montauk Highway. I found out he moved to Holtsville. He took care of my needs and for a reasonable amount. The shaft took a balance and he didn't have to chop it up so I was proud of myself. I did a decent job putting it back together. I would recommend Marty for any drive shaft work you may need.

Supershafts, LI Driveshaft
    Address: 194 Morris Ave #55, Holtsville, NY 11742
    Phone: (631) 514-1034
    Mario

Test pic upload
    Well it worked from my iPad and safari
    The Mac with Firefox is the one I had trouble with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Mario

test from safari. It seems to work ok here. must be my firefox
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10t.jpg  
    Mario