Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 Foot Drags Cancelled

100 Foot Drags Cancelled

FYI, saw this on Riverhead Raceway's Facebook page this morning:

"Barbara & Jim Cromarty announced this morning (Monday) that the remainder of the 2012 100 Foot Drag schedule has been cancelled. To those who did support the events run, we say thank you and wish you well."

Top Fuel
    Well how about that. I guess the $ just wasn't there.

Everybody happy now? We are back to nothing.

Top Fuel
    Happy? No. It was something, while not perfect, an outlet. The lessons learned there, if applied, can be the beginning of something better. Or not.

I was just being sarcastic towards those that would not support this one and only outlet. With no racer support and no money for the track owners, there is no reason to build a longer track in the parking lot. From 120 cars with no advertising for the first race in 2011 to Sunday's joke of a turnout. Where do I vent? The racers who would not settle for this as an outlet? The track owners for not helping push it? The hundreds of car show guys who will not race their garage queens? The possible spectators who can not be blamed because they never heard of it through any media? I am just so pissed that this has ended. I guess I will do an occasional ferry ride to race in Waterford on Friday nights. At least I won the last race they had.

Top Fuel
    I hear you. Vent away. I particularly like your "The hundreds of car show guys who will not race their garage queens?" question. The truth couldn't be more obvious. (to me anyways)

Get a whole bunch of people to throw in $100.00 or more per race at 300' and it would have been better.

I invested hundreds of dollars so I could participate ,i spent money that should have been spent other places . what a waste. i for one am very disappointed about this . maybe i should sell my car and my fishing gear because i'm really getting sick of fighting for the right to do things on long island ,the land of NO-------------------------------

What a shame i cant believe it. At least my brother won the last quad race and Charlie? Powell got the last race as well. Hey listen if anyone plans on going to Ct over the summer to race let me know i wouldnt mind trying my hand at the bike class again. Just sad it really shows how lame LI really is. Yuppie central, wonder if they are still sponsoring that stevens event in August?

Don't give in to the people at Riverhead nor 100foordrags.com

Quote Originally Posted by 09jud View Post
    I invested hundreds of dollars so I could participate ,i spent money that should have been spent other places . what a waste. i for one am very disappointed about this . maybe i should sell my car and my fishing gear because i'm really getting sick of fighting for the right to do things on long island ,the land of NO-------------------------------
    I too am building a car just for drag racing on LI. We need ideas and support. Please e-mail Jay with your ideas or contacts. holeshotdragnews@gmail.com The turn out was a disappointment but not a cause for cancellation. Riverhead was wrong in what they did. I look forward to August 5th for the Stevens Forrd 112 Car Show where all the Fords guys that have drag cars to come down and show the support for drag racing with Jay and Bill. At the end of the show we'll race! Chevy vs Ford, Ford vs Dodge etc.